Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Chocolate chip cookie dough ice creamEvery time I learn a new trick or skill in the kitchen I can get a little obsessed! Now that I know about homemade ice cream my brain is thinking about what flavors I want to try next. This week I tried out chocolate chip cookie dough. I used my cream cheese ice cream recipe as a base and added big chunks of cookie dough. I really love cream cheese ice cream because it is SUPER easy to make and deliciously rich like cheese cake!Cookie dough ice cream recipeChocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream, makes about 1/2 quart.
Needed: 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 1 cup whole milk, 3/4 cup sugar, a pinch of salt, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and 2 cups prepared or store-bought* cookie dough.
In a bowl blend together cream cheese, milk, sugar and salt. Sometimes I blend the cream cheese on it's own for a few seconds before this step, this helps to ensure you don't get any lumps. But even if you end up with a few, lumps of cream cheese aren't so bad! Now add in the heavy whipping cream and stir until mixed. Cover and allow to chill until the batter is very cold (2-4 hours or overnight). Then pour batter in your prepared ice cream maker. During the last few minutes of mixing add in the cubed cookie dough.
Most of the recipes are taken from HERE!
*Most store-bought cookie dough contains eggs. If you feel uncomfortable about using uncooked eggs then I would recommend making your own cookie dough. Just use your favorite recipe but leave out any eggs. Chill and then cube for the recipe.